Sunday, January 19, 2014

24.

I love a three day weekend. Even though I'm already in my pajamas, I enjoy the fact that I have the option of going out later & not feeling guilty about it in the morning. Ahhhh, the weekend. The fact that I can barely remember what I did yesterday is definitely a reflection on how my weekend went.

It started off with my girlfriend and I meeting a few other friends at Grooves Restaurant & Lounge. The last time we came here it literally took us days to recover, so we planned on being well-behaved this go round. We were, for the most part. After devouring our food, and indulging in a few adult beverages we were able to get wild loosen up a bit. We danced, laughed and mingled with the growing crowd. And then it happened. A conversation I am becoming oh too familiar with whenever I am approached by anyone, how old are you..... My friends and I all spotted him when he came in. I assumed he was younger, because it appears these days all of the men in our age group are at home with their wives on the weekends. Not that I am by any means old, but this is the South. If you are over the age of 25 you are either married, in a serious relationship or a man-whore single for a reason. It is very rare that I run into men out and about who are 30 and above, and unattached. But I digress.

So, of course I strategically position myself in an easily approachable position because of course no guy is going to come over to say hello if you're hidden on the couch nestled in between three of your girlfriends, in most instances. Anyways... We began to talk, and he asks how old I am. I respond back with how old do I look? He says 23, 24. I laugh and tell him to add about 8 years. Insert look of dismay. I ask how old he is, and then he says "24." Literally every man I have met since my ex and I broke up has been under the age of 25. It appears during my trip to Alabama last January, I sipped from the fountain of youth. Either I came back looking younger, or something made the younger guys all of a sudden want to approach me. I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I guess such is life. I don't think at 32 I'm old enough to be a cougar. Puma maybe? Jaguar? I dunno, but moving along........

After we left Grooves, we headed waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy across town to attend a party hosted by a trail-riding club called the Wolfpack. It was everything I imagined it to be. Cowboy boots, liquor, and good times. The party was BYOB, and they had a Zydeco band playing. It was a lot of fun, but being the old lady at heart that I am I was ready to head home around midnight.


I seriously can't remember my Saturday, and I slept in this morning. I probably would have slept all day had my friend not sent me a text message around 10 am. We decided to try out a new spot for brunch, and it was great! They had 99 cent mimosas, and super delicious Belgian waffles with almond butter & applewood bacon. The venue was really nice, and it was not crowded at all like the majority of other popular brunch spots in the city. The prices were also very reasonable!


After brunch, we went thrift shopping at Buffalo Exchange & found a few cute items. We tried to go watch football at a local sports bar but it was entirely too crowded, so we decided to just call it a day... I enjoyed my Sunday Funday and I have no problem spending the remainder of my night with Olivia Benson, Elliott Stabler & company. I'm off work tomorrow, but plan to spend the day being productive.

What age determines cougar status? How young is too young? I say as long as you are older than my nephew then it's fair game... But then again, do twenty-somethings have much in common with professional women my age? I guess if it works for Gabrielle Union (well, that's another story) could it work for my friends and I as well?

12 comments:

  1. To me a cougar is someone that is at least 10+ older than there significant other. I mean if I was 50 there is no way I would go with a 25 year old. Totally depends on there maturity and what they are looking for in a relationship.
    *Besos*
    http://www.cmichellestyles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds about right! And I agree, 50 and 25 is a bit of a stretch lol I think Tina Turner is like 70 and her husband is in his 50's that doesn't sound as bad though ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm thinking that cougar doesn't depend on the actual age you are but the difference in age between significant others. So I agree with the above poster that 10+ years difference in age, I'll consider a cougar. And girl you look good that's why all these young guys are approaching you.

    And seriously, now all I want is a mimosa and Belgian waffles.

    And I laughed out loud when I knew exactly who Olivia and Elliot are.

    Fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Girl I question anyone who DOESNT know who they are lol! Thanks for the compliment! Sigh. Being single is no bueno especially with all these other things to worry about smh I think im going to impose a 25 and up standard like anight club hahaha

      Delete
  3. hehe i'm a year older than my guy so I call myself a cougar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belgian waffles are the best :) I wouldn't consider you a cougar! I think cougars are 50+ (but that's just my opinion :p). You should be proud that you get so much attention from younger guys haha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more about the waffles! Thanks! ;)

      Delete
  5. 99 cent mimosas! That's great. I say age 'aint nothin' but a number. I freaked out because my husband is 4 years younger then me which isn't even that much. I didn't even want to date him, but it's really about the person inside so it's a case by case basis. You are a cougar when you are in your 40's wearing too much make up at the bar and tight clothes going after guys in their 20's!!! You have a looooong way to go. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right age definitely isn't too important it depends more on the person. You and your hubby are the cutest couple so I definitely won't discriminate and miss out on any future opportunity based off a few years because sometimes it's a perfect match!

      Delete
  6. Ooo that brunch looks amazing! Mimosas and belgian waffles are the best. I would say that a cougar is more about how far a part you are in age than the actual number... for example, my mom was 42 when she met her husband who was 30... we ALWAYS called her a cougar. But if she was 42 and he was, say, 36 or 38- we probably wouldnt have joked around so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go mom!!!! That's awesome! Lol. I definitely will keep an open mind from now on ;)

      Delete