Monday, January 27, 2014

Showers, Mimosas & Brunch...Oh my!!!!

This past weekend was super busy. After being "snowed/iced" in Friday, I was ecstatic that the weather decided to cooperate for the remainder of the weekend.

On Saturday, I co-hosted a bridal shower for a girlfriend of mine who is getting married Valentine's Day weekend. The shower was held at Nouveau Antique Art Bar, which has become one of my favorite venues in the city. The entire bar is filled with vintage lamps and other antiques. It is truly a sight to see! Since I was busy doing hostess duties, I didn't get too many pictures...BUT, I was able to snatch a few candid shots from various Facebook uploads.

I did however have time to snap this selfie before I headed over to get set up for the shower... It's rare that I actually smile in pictures with my teeth showing. Ehhh, I guess even though I'm not necessary insecure about too many things, the smile is one. But, that's a story for another day.....


I am so happy my co-hostess with the mostest decided on this venue, and agreed to go with a Carnival/Mardi Gras theme. Mardi Gras is super big in Louisiana, but it is also a huge cultural fixture in the Houston/Galveston area. We have our own Mardi Gras on the beach that is similar to the major celebration in New Orleans, so pretty much every party during the month of February will have a touch of Mardi Gras until the rodeo season takes over in March. The bride is a native of Louisiana, and lived in New Orleans during her undergrad years so we knew she would appreciate the masks, beads, and ESPECIALLY the authentic King Cake we ordered and had delivered from Louisiana by her mom. I'm so happy everything came together & all the ladies (especially the bride) had a great time. We took advantage of the bar at the venue, and had plenty to eat while we chatted, played games and enjoyed the DJ. It was a great time had by all.....


The next morning, I literally felt like I had been up all night. I guess I shouldn't have worn my BCBG booties with the 4.5 inch heel, and thought I could run all around the venue making sure things were running smoothly. Whoops. I was super sore. But fortunately the agenda for my Sunday didn't start until noonish, so I was able to watch church online & tune in to my friend's mother with her radio ministry before I headed out to a birthday brunch at Backstreet Cafe.








It was absolutely gorgeous yesterday! We literally sat outside on the patio for 4 hours, sipping on pitchers of mimosas, devouring the delicious food & enjoying girl time. I'm glad my friend enjoyed herself since her party had to be cancelled last Friday due to the winter storm. You would have never guessed by looking at the scenery that the entire city would be preparing to shut down tomorrow due to ANOTHER winter storm... Our weather has been insane. Hot, cold, warm, rain, ice, hot, hot, flood, hurricane, hot, freezing...and that is all in one week. Welcome to Texas I guess!

My weekend was amazing... Today, not so much...but I am still keeping a positive outlook & I'm sure tomorrow will be better..especially since I will be at home all day bundled up, reading & enjoying myself while it blizzards ices over outside.

9 comments:

  1. O gosh ! sounds like my kind of weekend lol ! i love love love mimosas :)

    Cute photos!

    www.futurelawyergirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bridal shower looks so fun! And that brunch seems fun too and the food looks great. I wish I was a bigger mimosa fan but it epitomizes sophisticated brunch, great weekend in my book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should always smile with teeth! You have a beautiful smile.

    What a great shower! You did fabulous. I wore 4.5 inch heels at my niece's birthday party too. Not my greatest decision.

    And I'm so jealous that you were able to enjoy patio eating! I need warm weather!
    Your food looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a great weekend! The party seemed great and who can deny mimosas on the patio with your girls! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't wait for the weather to break so we can enjoy outside sitting and eating...also outside Baby P can make all the mess and noise he wants without embarrassing us!! looks like a fun time as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um... Fresh Pressed Waffles AND MIMOSAS... YES PLEASE... see I told you you're living the life. BTW I LOVE that lipstick and your smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww.. such much pretty is going on in these photos!

    And yes, our weather is horrible this winter. I'm seriously counting down until Spring.

    ReplyDelete