Sunday, January 12, 2014

Loyalty....& other weekend happenings.

Loyalty is extremely important to me. But it can be a gift and a curse. I attempt to keep people around merely because they have always been around. I give second, and third and sometimes fortieth chances. Loyalty has created a lot of hurt feelings and shed tears over the years. Fortunately, I have come to the realization that I should not sacrifice my happiness based off of my wanting to be loyal. People grow up, and sometimes grow apart. I've had to learn that growing apart is normal. Relationships & friendships can sometimes run their course, and once that occurs it is so much easier to just move on rather than to hold on to something that no longer benefits your happiness.

I've learned to be loyal to those relationships that bring happiness to me, that enrich me and that are a positive aspect of my life. This year has been coined the year of staying positive, and I will not be loyal to anything or anyone that brings negativity to my life.

This was already the second weekend of 2014. January appears to be moving super fast.

My Friday was supposed to consist of a happy hour outing with a friend, but ended up being a relaxing evening at home with a slight buzz, Netflix, good food and a cupcake. Also known as perfection.

Saturday, a friend celebrated her birthday with a masquerade themed pub crawl. I've never been on a pub crawl, nor did I have a mask to wear! I discovered a new to me store called World Market, and actually found more than one mask that I loved...and an entire cart filled with other items. But that's a story for another day....


We pre-gamed for a while and took pictures before heading out to our first stop for the night, The Drinkery.
Everyone looked so pretty in their masks!



We sat and chatted at our first stop and enjoyed drinks, before walking down the street to another bar called Dogwood. This venue is open, and despite the temperatures rising above normal this week it still got a tad chilly that night so we did not stay here that long...


After shivering for about thirty minutes or so, we walked across the street to Shot Bar. This place is exactly what the name says, a bar with every possible shot imaginable. It was super hype and kind of small inside, so we walked upstairs to the dance floor. Things were fun until the shots started kicking in, and the other patrons of the bar got a little too wild for my comfort...which meant that I had to phone a friend to pick me up and take me back to my car so as to not interrupt the flow of the birthday crowd :) I'm such an old lady, but I embrace it. I can't do the rowdy frat boy thing anymore. Just, cannot. But I had a blast at the spots I went to, and the crowd continued on to a few more venues. Most importantly, the birthday girl had a wonderful evening.




I really like the idea of a Masquerade party, and I hope I get another opportunity to wear my mask again! Makes me want to head out to New Orleans for Mardi Gras.

Hmm....

10 comments:

  1. You look so pretty! Love your mask :) very glad you are taking charge of your happiness this year! It is important to surround yourself with people who are going in the right direction and/or that are stronger in Christ so you can become stronger and wiser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. World Market will have you jammed up. I haven't been in one in a minute.

    You rocked that mask Ma'am.

    Now on to that loyalty business. I have a post coming up this week about that. I thought I needed to reopen a door that was shut for good reason due to feeling loyal to that person. Wouldn't you know something got back to me that said person mentioned about me. True confirmation that some doors need to be closed, locked and for good measure a dead bolt added that you don't have the key to to make sure you aren't tempted to let foolishness back into your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man I have given this chick so many chances to get it together but everytime she lets me down. This was my last attempt. Oh my gosh. World Market will be getting a return trip sooner than later.........

      Delete
  3. It is so true! Friendships run their course. I've learned that over the years and realize that some friends were meant to be in your life at a certain time in your life. When you or them are no longer necessary the friendships run their course. A seasonal friend some call it.

    Looks like such a fun night! I would LOVE to do something like that. You looked fabulous! Glad you had a good time but I would have left early like you did. I can't party like I use to, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That saying about people being in your life for either a reason or a season is so true!

      Delete
  4. Sometimes you outgrow people and that's okay what's important is that you are happy. Some people are only meant to be in our lives for seasons.

    Glad you had fun at the party can't wait to see what other goodies you got from the store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you really do strike me a loyal friend and i always admire that about you! the friends that the season never runs out on are the best ones! looks like you guys had a fun time..what a fun way to celebrate a night out!! loved your dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun! hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

      Delete