Lately, I've been contemplating my purpose. I just want to be significant. I want to work, have a family and just matter in this world. Random way to start a post, but that has been on the forefront of my mind all week. But I digress.
This was a pretty productive week for me. I spent a lot of time in the office, and was exhausted by the time the weekend rolled around.
Once Friday rolled around, I wanted to hurry home and swan dive into my bed. I didn't follow my first mind & ended up going out for drinks and socializing with a couple girlfriends. I enjoyed the company, but did not appreciate the memories that have been flooding my mind lately. It's been almost a year since my ex and I broke up. I thought I would've made more progress by now, and I possibly have....but again I guess I will just digress.
The weather man predicted only a 30% chance of rain for Saturday. I was praying that it would be sunny as my undergrad alumni chapter was having their annual fish fry and crawfish boil. Lets just say that it was pretty much a many tsunami in Houston on Saturday.
I arrived at the park to find it lightly sprinkling, but by the time I got the chance to get comfortable it started pouring. Half the crowd scattered and went home to be met by flooding on the freeway. The rest of us sought refuge underneath a pavilion in the park and continued to drink and reminisce as the park literally turned into a swamp. I fortunately parked on gravel. My friend, parked on the grass. An hour later we were rescued as her car was straight up stuck in the mud. One of the guys had to go get a chain and literally pull us to safety. Straight craziness.
I had a good time though. Got to love my alma mater....
Sunday I woke up feeling my age. I cannot "turn up" like I was able to while on the yard. I finally dragged myself out of bed and met another girlfriend for brunch at Birraporretis. I wanted to enjoy the bottomless bellinis but I was scared to drink.
The remainder of my Sunday has been spent napping, watching basketball and overdosing on bc powder.
I definitely need to work on getting out of my emotions.....




I think those feelings are totally normal - everyone has the blahs every once in a while. But you'll get there - just hang on and keep your head high. And keep the wine close :)
ReplyDeleteThanks :)
DeleteWhat an eventful weekend.
ReplyDeleteI think what you're feeling is normal. We all think we. We feel that we should be somewhere in our lives and often feel disappointed that we aren't there yet. You'll get there :)
I love bellinis. I am so not a young one anymore either.
:-)
Deleteyou are adorable! so glad i found your blog! you totally have a purpose! so lucky to find you :)
ReplyDelete