Monday, February 18, 2013

The Weekend: Allstar Edition

With the NBA AllStar game being in Houston, I had high hopes of partying with celebrities all weekend & living it up to the fullest....but that didn't quite happen....

On Tuesday, I started feeling sick at work so I stopped and got some DayQuil and kept it moving. As the week went on I started feeling worse and worse, but I was determined to feel good and enjoy the weekend.

By the time Friday rolled around I was pretty much a walking germ, but I was so excited about my guy friend that I met when I visited Birmingham coming into town that I ignored my feelings .... eh.

I played tour guide and took him and his friends out Friday night and didn't get home till 5 in the morning..... I had a hair appointment that morning and was at the beauty shop when I realized my friend had left her keys in my car ....
so I had to drive to get her and take her back home. By the time we made it to the other side of town it was already time to go back out.

Literally every rapper, actress or anyone on the A list that enjoys basketball was in town. Traffic was horrible, the Galleria actually got shut down because it was over capacity and the party promoters and clubs were all over priced..... I refused to pay $50-$250 to party with Nelly, or Jay Z or P. Diddy. I just could not. Maybe if I was 22 and had just gotten my tax refund check.....but I digress.

We were starving so we went to eat at Pappadeux. When we pulled up to the restaurant it looked like a video shoot. Everyone was there from out of town and the wait was ridiculous. We sat at the bar, people watched, stuffed our faces and listened to me cough. After we ate, we headed downtown to a daytime party and I was ready to head home by 8:30 pm.....

Let's just say that by the time I made it home Saturday night I felt like hell. I could barely sleep and coughed all night. I felt so bad when I woke up this morning, that I went ahead to the urgent care clinic to get checked out.

I walked out of the clinic with antibiotics, cough syrup and a nasal spray.... I apparently was sicker than I thought and probably should not have been out this weekend. Whoops....

I've spent the rest of my AllStar weekend sleeping and trying to get well......







4 comments:

  1. Lay your azz down somewhere! No worries that syrup will see to it! Hope you feel better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! See what had happened was I tried to rest but ummm whoops hahaha!!!

      Delete
  2. Aww that sucks! It always seem that when you're looking forward to something that's exactly when you get sick.

    I hope you're feeling better.

    You looked gorgeous though. I wish I looked like that when I am sick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel a little better now but still not 100% :(

      Delete