I just realized tomorrow is March 1st, which means the entire month of February is over and I have no clue how time passed by so fast.
Well, I guess this has been a busy month.
Between work, court and life outside of work & court.... There has been something going on literally the entire month.... I've been out almost every night this week to happy hours, impromptu birthday parties, dinner and a trip to a comedy show tonight. I'm tired.
My March calendar is already filling up with events, and I have a few goals I would also like to accomplish for the month of March. In two weeks, I'm heading to New Orleans to celebrate yet another 30th birthday for one of my girlfriends and other activities are slowly but surely popping up as well.
I'm definitely not complaining, but I am looking forward to a day of rest sooner than later....
On an unrelated note, February 28th will always hold a special place in my heart as it would have been my older brothers birthday today had he been alive to celebrate it. I stopped by the criminal courthouse on my way from court and took a few pictures of the mural in the lobby that has his name as well as the names of other murdered children and teenagers.
Despite how long he has been gone, I do still think of him often and although I don't practice criminal law he is one of the main reasons I am an attorney today. I walked by that mural everyday when I interned with the District Attorneys office and it makes me proud to know that even if he isn't physically here a part of him is preserved inside of that building where thousands pass by each day.....


Awww sorry for the loss of your brother and what a way to remember him with the mural. Glad you have many things coming up for March...i so want to visit NO one of these days!
ReplyDeletethanks dear! new orleans is awesome, so much good food...
DeleteI'm so sorry for your loss. Happy(belated) birthday to your older brother. But I'm glad that a part of him remains in the building.
ReplyDeleteI hope you've been to enjoy your weekend.
thanks chica! I hope u have had a great weekend as well!
Delete