Monday, February 25, 2013

The Weekend

It was a long road to feeling better, so I tried to get some much needed rest during the week so I could enjoy myself over the weekend.

On Friday night, my friend and I went to the rodeo cook-off.... For the 2nd year in a row I got tent access which translates to free food and an open bar mixed with music from a live band and line dancing.

I love the RODEO! It's one of my favorite times of the year in Houston because I get to eat all sorts of wonderful carnival food and pretend to be a kid again for the night. We had a blast.....

On Saturday, I went to get my hair pressed and ended up spending the day with someone from my past. We talked a lot and kind of came to the realization that we may never be on the same page again. But I digress.....

I woke up late Sunday, and attended bedside baptist aka church via the worldwide web...napped, then headed over my aunts house to celebrate my cousins birthday.

Later that night, I went out on a date to Morton's, which is a fancy steakhouse downtown. My date texted me earlier that day telling me to dress up, so I was presently surprised and happy with his decision of venue. He even wore a tie, I was slightly impressed lol....

The food was amazing and I really had a good time. After that I came home and forgot to set my alarm for work this morning.....

Thank goodness for loud school buses and garbage trucks or I would probably still be asleep.

















5 comments:

  1. That looks like good food and good times!! Love that dress and that color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to a RODEO if not just for the carnival food!

    Glad you had a nice date!

    Sounds like a great weekend.!

    It's the worst not setting the alarm but my body wakes up the same time each day. So I guess the alarm is just a safety net for those days you just can't wake up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you have no idea how good the eating is at the rodeo...just typing this makes me want funnel cake....

      Delete
  3. Lol at Bedside Baptist! Sounds like you had an eventful weekend. You look very nice in the dress! Always nice to have date to come through and meet expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rodeo looks like it would be fun..woohoo for an awesome date!!

    ReplyDelete