Forever Evolving............ Constantly changing. Creating, learning. Better, Everyday.
Monday, February 4, 2013
The Weekend
My Saturday and Sunday have been pretty busy, but I enjoyed every minute.
On Saturday night I went to a gala for an organization called Houston Young People for the Arts. The theme of the gala was Bootleggers Ball, A 1920's Prohibition Rendition. It was a 1920's themed party held at the Majesto Metro (an old renovated building set up like a 1920's theater..I believe people typically have weddings and other parties there) and the second you walk in you felt as if you truly had traveled back in time.
I found the dress I wore on sale at H&M for $10, I got the veil from the beauty supply store for $9.00 and pretty much all of the other accessories I wore I already had in my closet.
Everyone went all out for their outfits, and the dance floor was crawling with flappers, gangsters, glamorous Hollywood movie stars & gorgeous GORGEOUS outfits to represent the prohibition era.
There were silent movies playing on the big screen, a live band, and dance troupe performance. We got a chance to take pictures in the photo booth, indulge on free food from Sambuca, libations and delicious miniature bundt cakes.
There was also a jail where for a donation to charity you could send your friends for "bootlegging" and selling illegal hooch.
It was definitely a great time, I took a ton of pictures & posted them all over Instagram.
I woke up super early on Sunday to attend church with my aunt and little cousin. Then my mom and I went to lunch at Babin's Seafood Kitchen prior to the big game. After my much needed nap, I went over to a Super Bowl party being held by my friend and her fiance. I ate entirely too much, we drank, laughed and cheered on the Ravens to victory (although I was worried after that power outage).....
Beyonce did an excellent job with the half-time show and I am so proud of her performance.
I'm sure there will be plenty of critics, but regardless of what anyone has to say about her she is definitely a great performer.
----
And on an unrelated note, I'm sending up all sorts of prayers for my friend who is sitting for the Louisiana bar exam this week. I have no earthly idea why they take the bar so much earlier than the rest of the world & I also think this is the worst possible week ever to take a test in New Orleans. Not only is it Super Bowl, but all the Mardi Gras festivities are kicking off now too. She is super stressed and in need of prayers, so if you have a moment please consider sending some up in her favor! Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





ahhh. What an awesome theme for a party! I looks like a great time. Love your outfit.
ReplyDeletethanks!
DeleteI have always wanted to go to a party like that. Maybe I'll just throw one. Prayers up for your friend.
ReplyDeleteYou looked fabulous! I want to go to a party like that!
ReplyDeleteBeyonce was incredible! Love her!
Sending prayers for your friend!