Forever Evolving............ Constantly changing. Creating, learning. Better, Everyday.
Sunday, June 16, 2013
father's day & all that jazz...
This entire week & weekend was all about recovery from my vacation. Friday night I contemplated going out, but was overpowered by a nap that lasted from the moment I got home from work, until it was technically bedtime...
My Saturday morning was spent running errands, helping out a friend, getting a pedicure & a power nap before it was time to go out and celebrate yet another 30th birthday...
We went out to a classy establishment called Estate, in the Upper Kirby (fancy/rich) part of town... I was skeptical at first since YELP gave this place horrible reviews, as not being ethnically diverse and being rude to patrons.. aside from a snooty doorman I didn't have any issues which made for a wonderful night celebrating with friends. We danced like crazy...... All of the pictures are from before the shenanigans began...
Fortunately for me this is the last birthday gathering for at least another two weeks, so I have some time to recuperate.
This has been a busy birthday party, dirty thirty celebration travel filled year..
I didn't go to bed until well after 3 am last night, so I slept in. We had a quiet father's day & now I am relaxing, relating & releasing in preparation for work tomorrow. I picked up Chrisette Michelle's new CD, "Better" yesterday and have been listening to it on repeat.
I also finished Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn, which was equally as twisted as Gone Girl & I enjoyed it! My friend emailed me a copy of Decadence by Eric Jerome Dickey which I plan to start reading tonight.. I also have the book Envy by Sandra Brown, which a friend loaned me & over 600 (literally 639) e-books my friend downloaded on my nook to read... I am in complete book overload and it is HEAVENLY! Our first book club meeting is also this upcoming Tuesday & I am very excited to see how things work out. I'm glad my extracurricular activities keep me occupied or else I would be a complete book worm & never leave the house, but I digress...
I have to thank God because this entire week & weekend I have been feeling extremely grateful. I know I complain and have a list of what-ifs & why-not me's longer than it should definitely should be, but I am truly blessed & happy for everything I have and will have in the future. And I hope my daddy enjoyed his day & knows just how thankful I am to have him my life!
I don't think I say it enough, but thank you Lord.....for everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You look just like your dad! :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like such a fun weekend. You and your girlfriends are gorgeous.
I love that you're such a reader! I was like that years ago. I need to get some books at the library.
Glad you get a break from celebrating birthdays for a couple weeks :)
thanks girl! I'm a nerd lol... But at least reading keeps me occupied :)
DeleteYou all look amazing!
ReplyDeleteI think being able to stop and look around and realize just how blessed you are is a blessing in itself.
And yea.. that "I would be a complete book worm & never leave the house" is me right now. I'll get out soon. LOL!
I'm sure your twin enjoyed his day!
Lol! I really should've been a librarian. I love books too much!
Delete