Today is the official first day of summer, which means three or more months left of agonizing heat in Texas. Oh joy. In case I haven't said it before, summer is not my favorite time of the year but I plan to make the best of it.
I made a vow to not wear pants to work or court until September at the earliest. I can't deal with the heat. I can't. So far so good, but I may need to hit up a sale (or two, or three) to add to my business/business casual collection.
This week and the rest of the month have been pretty low key, but I do have a few fun things lined up in the near future.
We did have our first book club meeting to discuss Gone Girl & it was a good time! We meet again next month and the next to-read book is Carry the One by Carol Anshaw. I will try to take pictures at the next meeting. I was too busy stuffing my face, talking and sipping sangria to remember last time :)
Other than that, nothing else really going on in these parts. I've just been busy trying to find creative ways to stay cool and still be dressed appropriately for court.....

Love the dress and blazer. I love wearing pants and dare the heat to challenge my bit of fashion. :)
ReplyDeleteLol! I like pants too, but Lord have mercy it's hard to rebuke that heat sometimes lol
DeleteThanks so much!
ReplyDeleteI hear a lot of people say good things about Gone Girl. It's yet another book that I haven't gotten too. Reading just doesn't happen for me anymore. :( Stay out of the heat.
ReplyDelete:-) I will try my best to avoid the hot!
DeleteI love that blazer!
ReplyDeleteUgh. It is in the 90s today. So hot and yucky. Hate it.
Blazer.. LOVE!
ReplyDeleteLouisiana has been extremely hot as well. I hardly ever have to turn the AC on 4 and Max in my car, but now I do. And it's JUST the beginning of summer.
So like you, I've started wearing more skirts and dresses.
Sheesh, I can only imagine. When I lived in Baton Rouge I hated the heat & gross humidity!
Delete