Monday, June 3, 2013

June stuff.......

Anyone who knows me well is pretty much aware of the fact that I am not a fan of summer... It's my least favorite season, and once June arrives I know the longest stretch of the year (and the hottest) is upon me.... The weather is usually miserable in Texas & don't even get me started on the horror of practicing law in the summer with a suit on.....but I digress. 

June is also the half-way mark for the year & with June comes the parade of Gemini birthdays. I'm a zodiac enthusiast so I know all about the charm of the twins, and some of my favorite people are psychos.... I mean Gemini :)

On June 1st, my grandmother turned 83 years old! She decided she didn't want to spend her birthday in Louisiana so she is spending the week with us here in Houston. I'm sure my cousins in Louisiana are jealous, but we rarely get to spend much time with her so this week is well welcomed! On Saturday everyone came over to just sit and talk & Sunday after church my mother cooked a huge meal and we celebrated her birthday some more. I can only hope to be as loved as she is and have an entire family carry my legacy one day...and for 83 she definitely still looks good!


This Friday one of my best friends & my daddy both celebrate milestone birthdays! She's turning 30, and my dad is turning 80 (let's just say my mother liked older men) on the 7th. I'm heading to Atlanta to meet up with my girlfriend, then we are catching a flight to West Palm Beach, Florida. I'm very excited to get away, although I think the weather is not going to cooperate with us. Regardless I'm looking forward to getting out of town, even if for a few days to celebrate with her! 

Literally every other day in June is filled with a birthday. I forsee a lot of outings in my future. Lord willing, no one will want to go outside until after the sun goes down. 

I'm also looking forward to the first book club meeting of the club my friend & I decided to start. So far it is nameless.....
But we are reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. One of my favorites & I'm hoping my friends enjoyed it as much as I did. 

June has a lot of promise to be a great month, and my focus is to remain hopeful and open to whatever the month brings....

Cheers to the (almost) summer!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Summer is my least favorite season too but I feel like it's the season I do the most things.

    Happy birthday to your grandma! She looks amazing! I loved the comment about your mother liking older men, lol. Happy birthday to your dad too!

    Yay for going out of town. It's one of my favorite things to do. Enjoy yourself.

    I want to be in your book club, haha.

    Haha they are psychos! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your grandmother! That's truly a blessing to see 83 years on this Earth. I do hope I get to live that long and celebrate my life with my family. My grandmother lived to see 94 years. And I think every year we had a pretty grand shindig. LOL!

    Definitely looks like summer/June will be an interesting and entertaining month for you. I haven't gotten a chance to read Gone Girl but everyone has awesome things to say about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaah for summer and June birthdays...my hubby bday is in June too!! Congrats to your grandma...my mom liked older men too...

    ReplyDelete