Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Out of towners----

This weekend has by far been one of the most memorable & significant trips I have gone on in a long time... I left Houston Thursday night and arrived in Atlanta. My best friend from law school moved to Atlanta almost five years ago after we graduated & I try to visit her at least once a year. This particular trip was to celebrate her 30th birthday....

The plan was to hang out Thursday night in Atlanta, then wake up bright and early to catch our flight to West Palm Beach...then from there drive to Miami. My flight was delayed coming into town, so I literally sat on the runway in Houston for two hours on the plane waiting for the storm to pass over the city so we could take-off. Once we took off my attitude was pure trash, but the nap on the plane made me feel much better...

Once we landed, she picked me up and we went straight to the strip club... We laughed, drank and realized that we were too old & too tired to be up all night before a flight so we left to attempt to get some rest before morning...




The birthday girl was tire & so was I. We both had court that day & were feeling our age...



I was particularly happy to see someone I met on my previous trip to Atlanta, but that's all I can say about that. *insert heavy sigh & eye roll from my friend



I love my visits to Atlanta. They always leave me feeling refreshed. I wish I could have been there for more than just one night, but I do plan on going back again in the near future....



We were up at 5:26 am ready to make it to the airport to catch our flight to West Palm Beach, Florida....

Once we arrived in West Palm Beach, we got our rental car & drove the hour down to Miami to meet up with the rest of the weekend crew... Once we picked the other girls up, we were starving & stopped at Bubba Gump's for lunch and birthday drinks... After we ate we headed over to our hotel, Eden Roc to check in & were ABSOLUTELY floored with our room on the 14th floor. We had a patio ocean view, with the bed right in the middle of the room and sliding glass doors to the bedroom & living room. Very swanky....

Tropical Storm Andrea slightly put a damper on our first night because it literally stormed like crazy & we were forced to celebrate in our pajamas in the hotel lobby/bar before heading back upstairs to eat Pizza Hut pizza and chat....

It was an overall good start to our vacation... despite the rain....



To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow this sounds like a trip I would have taken...so much fun. Look at the beach..your friend looks so relaxed in that last picture or tired from all the partying...good times lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take me with you next time! Looks like such a great time! I love Miami :)

    ReplyDelete