So many memories. I had forgotten how many songs TLC put out during the years, but every one sparked a memory in my mind. From fantasizing about college life with their video for "Baby, Baby, Baby" to memorizing song lyrics all the way through middle school and college. They were truly an iconic group.
One thing that stands out so much in my mind about the group is when member Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes was tragically killed. I was in undergrad and remember being stunned by the news she had passed away.
I feel like a lot of monumental events happened while I was a college student. I can remember when 9/11 occurred my sophomore year, when singer Aaliyah passed away, as well as going to the stadium on campus to vote for my very first time. A lot has occurred in my life in what seems like such a short amount of time.
It's hard to believe that next year it will have been an entire decade since I finished undergrad. I could literally make ten movies about my many adventures as a college student in Louisiana. So many stories.
Hard to believe that I turned out alright after all the shenanigans... But I digress.
Also hard to believe I weighed 98lbs the majority of my college career. Thanks law school for putting weight on me. But again, I shall digress.
It's always fun to look back and laugh at those memories & reflect on how far you've come since the way back when :)



So very true! Love this post and the stroll down memory lane. It's amazing how time flies and how events as the ones you mention shape so many memories. How you can remember what you were doing, etc.
ReplyDeleteAnd haha, the weight thing! Yeah, I often look back and say damn, I was hot, lol.
Hope you have a great weekend!
I would literally have to lose forty pounds to get back to college size. Needless to say I probably will never be this small again lol!
DeleteI love little memories :)
ReplyDeleteAJ | TheAJMinute
@TheAJMinute
:)
DeleteIt is great to reminisce about all the monumental events that have occurred in our lives. We were matriculating through undergrad at the same time because I immediately remember all these events occurring while I was in college :-)
ReplyDeleteYep! I wish I could go back lol
Delete