Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Should I Even be Surprised?


It's October 1st, and I'm in the same predicament I have been in the past few months....wondering where time went and trying to figure out why life seems to be passing me by. 

Ok, so maybe my inner Scorpio is being overly dramatic as I have a tendency to do, but I swear it feels like the older I get the faster the days fly by. But I digress. 

October means a lot of things: temps finally feeling like Fall, which for Texas probably means around the 70's, 50's/60's if we're lucky, corn candy & pop corn balls, Hocus Pocus coming on television & Twitches (I watch a lot of Disney & ABC Family, lol) but mainly October lets me know that my favorite month is right around the corner! I love November for a multitude of reasons... 

But back to October. 

I need to do better with my gratitude. And positive thinking. I feel like so many things have been coming at me, but I haven't been approaching them the way The Lord wants me to. 

I want to be happy, but more important I want joy. I want that Oprah/Gayle/Iyanla appreciation for life and I just don't have it yet. Granted millionaire status probably helps those ladies live carefree, but I do think its achievable for regular folks as well. 

I see so many people who always have a positive outlook on life and I hate that I've always been a person to see the glass as full, but with cracks that seem to always slowly drain the water out my cup. I want to train my mind to see the good in all situations. Even the bad. 

I need to figure it out. Sooner than later and I challenge myself to train my thoughts. This has been my desire for a long time. I hope to start this month. Scratch that I will start this month. 

It's well overdue and I refuse to go into another year of my life not expecting great things to occur, I deserve it. 


God has given me too much to take anything for granted & to not completely trust that He will take care of me. 



12 comments:

  1. Well said. It's just so crazy how fast time flies by. Wonderful post, love. If you get a second, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit. :)

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting to that place of joy takes time and mind control. It seems like it took me forever to get to that place and I slip every now and then but I know to always appreciate the small things. I firmly think that is the beginning. When I think everything is going wrong I have to stop and remind myself that I am alive and well enough to have those tribulations where others can't say the same.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its time for me to start training my thoughts so I can move toward that goal. It is def hard though!

      Delete
  3. I think we are all completely stunned that October is upon us. Where did the time go? It happens every year. I need to work on positive thinking too. I've come a long, long way but there is definitely room for improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be a challenge to be grateful and have joy if everything is not lining up perfectly. I find that looking for the joy in simple things helps. Go for a long nature walk, or the beach and eat an ice cream cone. Go to beautiful places and be thankful that you can experience them.

    Also speak only words of life into your situation. Don't let anything come out of your mouth that is not positive and watch how drastically that will change things. It is hard, but it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was wonderful advice. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

      Delete
  5. I like Novenber too :) the month I got married.

    And you're completely right and you truly have a great attitude. I know you can do it. Just like you said, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all go through those moments every now and then. Although we should always be grateful, things in life happen that really take a toll on us that sort of get in the way of our gratitude. Sometimes we just need a moment to think and those moments of clarity to rediscover our center. When I'm feeling like this, I usually reread The Alchemist, I Declare, or My Purpose Driven Life. But above all, pray. Pray that you can be still enough to take a look around and be grateful more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read all three of those books. It does get hard at times, but I'm trying to really lean on Him and less on myself.

      Delete