In light of the way I have been feeling lately, this weekend was well overdue. Myself, and three of my girlfriends decided to have a mini-stay-cation girls weekend... This was the first time all four of us had been in the same place at the same time for more than a few hours in a year. One of them drove down from Dallas, and we spent our weekend downtown at the Embassy Suites Hotel. It was a weekend filled with laughter, tears, jokes, mimosas, inside jokes and friendship...but, unfortunately not a lot of photos.
We met up Friday night, and enjoyed sangria, mojitos and pizza at Boheme. The weather decided to be perfect this weekend, so we were able to sit outside on the patio while we played catch up on life. Afterwards, we went back to our room and gossiped until the wee hours of the morning before falling asleep.
We woke up early in order to partake in the breakfast buffet at the hotel & chatted a few more hours before heading out to Benjy's for brunch..... well, really mimosas, but there was brunch going on around us.
Two carafes of mimosas later, we headed down the street to another venue and had more drinks on the patio while we giggled even more...
After all the libations, naps were in order so we settled down, until it was time for dinner at Haven.
My meal was delicious, but all the drinks and venue hopping had everyone super exhausted.... which led to a decline in adrenaline...which then led to not so pleasant exchanges, which led to tears...followed by heart felt discussions into the wee hours of the morning. You know, typical girl's weekend happenings...
In other news, during the weekend shenanigans we took a trip to CVS and my friend picked out a yummy pink lipstick for me & although it is very different from what I am used to I kind of love it!
Over the course of the last few days, I thought a lot about myself and how I view the world. My girlfriends & a few wise women who commented on my last post, gave me excellent advice that I have decided to take to heart. I'm claiming this upcoming week to be wonderful & I am thinking positive in regards to all the issues that have been clouding my mind. God is in control, but it is up to me to control my thoughts.




What a great weekend!! I am in serious need of girl time!
ReplyDeleteGirl time is essential for the soul! ;)
DeleteAwww.....how fun! I'm so jeals! I'm missing my bffs so bad but adulthood is such a freakin pain at times! We are trying to plan a weekend soon. Love that pink color on you. And constantly pray without ceasing....forgetting for a moment that God is in control can bring a wealth of pain and strife.
ReplyDeleteIt is so hard coordinating schedules as adults but so worth it! Praying has definitely been a help to me.
DeleteI'm so in love with this idea...I am totally doing this for my bday. Going to vacay in the city!! I love that you take time to celebrate your friendships!!!
ReplyDeleteYou should. Much cheaper than leaving town and you're still away from home :)
DeleteSeriously a girls weekend is a cure all! Even with tears and disagreements there is nothing like spending a whole weekend with your favorite chicas.
ReplyDeleteI'm loving your outlook! I'm taking your advice for myself.
You look gorgeous in that pink color!
Thanks! I'm literally having to train myself to think positively. But it's going to be worth it in the end. I've always been scared of colored lipsticks but I kinda love it lol
DeleteI like the lip color! And looks like you had a blast with your girlfriends! Fighting like family is also a typical part of those evenings :)
ReplyDeleteI love your outlook! He is in control, you have to truly believe that! If he's the driver, why grab the wheel? Let him handle all and stay positive!
Yes, exactly!!! So true. He is definitely the one in control!!!!!!!
DeleteWhenever I'm in your area, we have to hang out. LOL! You just seem like a really fun and lively person to be around.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love that lip color on you! You look gorgeous!
God is always in control. Trust wholeheartedly in Him. Be blessed. (:
Yes! Lol! Whenever you're in Houston we can def find some fun. I wanted to come to BR for homecoming but none of my friends are going this year. But Lord knows I used to have fun in your city too when I lived there. Good times!
Delete