I had the "luxury" of a three day weekend. I was off work Friday (circumstance, not by choice) so my day consisted of shoe shopping, napping, and Law & Order SVU marathons --also known as pure bliss, minus the not feeling so well.
I probably should've used my time off to be productive, but it just didn't work out that way. I know I needed the rest, And I definitely needed the time to just chill.
This year has been nonstop.
It is so hard to believe that this year is almost over. Life can change so much from year to year. When I think to this time last year, I was so heartbroken, so lonely and just lost trying to pick up the pieces. Now, although things aren't how I ideally want them to be, I can honestly say I'm not where I was and I am content.
But back to my weekend.
On Friday night, it poured....thunder, hail, wind, rain.
When I got up early Saturday morning for my hair appointment, it felt like Fall. I absolutely love Fall.
After I finished getting my hair flat ironed, I walked around the mall in search of the perfect dress to wear for my birthday. Either my taste has drastically changed since I spend 95% of my life in business attire, 4% in pajamas and the remaining percentage in other assorted outfits or maybe I just wasn't feeling the fashion out right now. I had almost given up when I wandered into a random store and found a cute dress that didn't make me look like I was for sale. I can't wait to wear it. I'm happy to have one thing checked off the to do.
Now if only I had actual plans for my birthday.....but that's a story for another day.
My afternoon was spent in hibernation, but I finally rolled over and went to pick up a friend so we could head over to the Wortham Theater to see a performance by Esperanza Spaulding & two other accomplished jazz artists. I wish photography was allowed in the Wortham so I could have captured the talent of those ladies, but this one will have to be for the memory banks.
I love all genres of music, and take every opportunity to experience every concert I can.
After the show ended my girlfriend and I continued our evening at Batanga. This is a newer venue downtown that is a tapas/Brazilian cuisine restaurant that has live music on the weekends. I would love to give them rave reviews, because the food was great...but our server was terrible. He ignored us all night, and just was a bad server. A lot of times servers will pay more attention to other tables because they assume that "group" will tip more. Then I feel bad for perpetuating the idea that other "groups" don't tip well...but it's hard when you receive horrible service to want to go above and beyond.
We appreciated that our waiter actually came and apologized for ignoring us the entire evening, but by that time the damage was already done. The food was great though. But I digress.
I slept in this morning. I then discovered yet another Law & Order marathon on tv. I slept some more.
My weekend was the definition of chill, and I have no regrets about it :)




I love Law and Order SVU!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great chill weekend! We all need and deserve one of those every once in a while.
Ugh bad servers! They truly ruin what can be a great experience. Such a shame.
Loving your necklace!
Thanks! Glad you had a great weekend as well!
Deletepretty :)
ReplyDeletehttp://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/2013/10/win-15-dollars-with-coupon-at.html
Chill weekends are the best weekends if you ask me! I think its hilarious that you said you found a dress that didn't make you look like you were on sale! Online shopping is the way to go, I feel the same way sometimes when I walk into the mall.. :)
ReplyDeleteI live for chill weekends. I love that quote at the top of your post. It couldn't be more true for me.
ReplyDelete