Sunday, November 11, 2012

---31---

This was probably the most low key birthday I have had in a very long time. I usually plan series of events to celebrate, but this year I let one of my friends discourage me from actually celebrating how I wanted to and I just planned a last minute dinner with all of my girlfriends....
We went to St. Genevieves, which is a trendy lounge/restaurant that one of my girlfriends suggested... It was very upscale & nice, but not a place I would have chosen on my own.
Ummmm yeah... I kind of forgot how easily it is for large groups of girls to revert back to high school when there aren't any guys around to block out the extreme amounts of estrogen....So yeah, no more large groups of the cast of meangirls girls...... After dinner, my sister and a couple of my friends & I went out and danced the remainder of the evening away. Overall a good way to usher in thirty-one.....
On Saturday night, I went to a wine/cheese/art show/birthday party for a fellow Scorpio who happens to share the same birthday as I do. In addition to the wine, and art she had a henna tattoo artist doing custom work on all of the party patrons. What a great idea! Her sister (a Gemini) always makes fun of the both of us for always making such a big deal out of our birthday. I feel kind of sad that I did not do what I originally planned on doing for my birthday...but I guess next year I will ignore the haters critics and go with what I want! ****
The remainder of my birthday weekend has consisted of a lot of rest, relaxation and reflection. I can't believe I am officially in my thirties!!!!!!!! *gasp*

3 comments:

  1. pretty pics! I know I am going to feel the same way when I get there (in a few short months!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you trying to say. I'm almost 34!!! The "thirties" is where its at!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still waiting for the thirties to impress me lol!!! But I will take your word for it ;-)

      Delete