Sunday, November 25, 2012

T'is the Season.........





I survived Thanksgiving without too many shed tears, which was truly a blessing... Fortunately one of my girlfriends accepted my invitation to come spend Thanksgiving with my family, so I had someone to keep me company & to keep my mind off of missing my ex too much. My mother usually goes all out for Thanksgiving, so there was a TON of food, and almost all of my family made the trip from Louisiana to Texas to celebrate the holiday together. I attempted to take a few snapshots of the food, but my girlfriend's scowl as I hesitated to pull out my camera to get a shot of the dressing let me know that today was not the day to be holding up lines to take food photos...but I digress. We ate... then ate some more...

I filled my friend in on all of the family happenings, so she wouldn't be clueless as to all the inside jokes my sister and I made the entire day & so that she wouldn't be lost in regards to all the drama... I mean hey, what's a family get-together without drama? We laughed, watched the Texans beat the Detroit Lions in an overtime game, drank an entire bottle of Peach Ciroq, half-heartedly watched Bridesmaids, and then went to Spotlight Karaoke... I wasn't too excited about going to karaoke since it was a tradition started by my ex, but I was a trooper & I even sang......

On Friday morning, I slept in and watched movies...floating in and out of consciousness until it was time for me to head out to the Rockets game. I love NBA basketball, so I was super excited to see the Rockets play the NY Knicks. In the early 90's the Knicks used to be my favorite team and I was so in love with John Starks.... but in this day & age I am all about the Rockets, so despite my love for Carmello Anthony, I was glad my team gave them a proper welcome to the South and destroyed them...... I can't wait to see the Lakers when they come to town in a few days....

Courtesy of my grandmother, I had chicken & dumplings for breakfast Saturday morning. Homemade & Delicious. Once all the troops packed up and headed back to Louisiana, we all finally got a chance to kick up our feet and unwind since them leaving marked the official end of the Thanksgiving holiday. My mom, goddaughter and I hit the mall to try and catch a few of the holiday sales. Surprisingly the mall was dead, all except the Mac Cosmetics booth in Macy's... I was able to buy the BCBG booties I have been eyeballing for the last two months, (20% + the $50 gift card from my co-workers for my birthday = me getting the shoes I've been wanting for the cheap)I wanted to purchase a new lip color (red or berry shade) from Mac, but they were swamped.... After shopping we enjoyed a nice lunch at Babin's, and I was able to take a much needed nap.

Later that night I had a friend date with my girl friend, and we went to see the Twilight movie. We were both big fans of the books and were equally impressed with the final movie in the series. Although there were slight differences from the books, they still did a good job bringing the characters to life on-screen. I am not a fan of spoilers, so I will spare the details but the ending had us both on the edge of our seats. Since we are old ladies, we decided against going out to a club after the movie ended and opted to go have drinks at Applebee's. Applebee's is definitely not my go to for fine dining, but their drinks and appetizers are generally very cheap and the majority of their restaurants stay open until 2 am. Good times.

All day I have been trying to wrap my head around the idea of returning to the real world tomorrow. I enjoyed my Thanksgiving holiday and now it is full speed ahead to Christmas and the New Year. Now, it is truly the season.......

1 comment:

  1. Mmhm you just made me hungry:-) love anything made by grandma!

    ReplyDelete