Forever Evolving............ Constantly changing. Creating, learning. Better, Everyday.
Monday, November 5, 2012
Weekend Get-A-Way: Atlanta Edition
My weekend trip to Atlanta gave me life, and was the perfect way to kick off my birthday month.
I learned a lot about bands, and their ability to make people (present company included) dance....
I got to spend time with my best friend from law school, my best friend from undergrad (I opted out of posting our photo on here) and catch up with a good friend from high school who decided to stay in Atlanta permanently after she graduated from Clark.
I went to two different courthouses with my friend, in two different counties and was AMAZED at how different things are in Georgia than in Texas... where I am usually the only minority (women/person of color/under the age of forty)in the entire courtroom. It was very refreshing and encouraging...
And yes, I was actually excited about being at court while I was on vacation...
I ate at Gladys & Ron's... and had brunch at J Christopher's...blueberry crunchcakes, yes.
I also ate entirely too many cookies....
And slept.....
If only I could go into detail about the rest of my trip. I guess I will have to save it for the memoirs....but I digress.
I had an amazing time with my girls this weekend and I am so glad that I had the opportunity to get away and have peace of mind. A lot was going on while I was away, and I am happy that I was able to refocus and rejuvenate.
**
I feel well equipped to move forward...and I am looking forward to this next year of my life....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I'm happy you enjoyed your time in ATL!! I've only visited there once (for my 23rd b-day) and I loved every minute of it. I can't wait to go back someday :) OAN: I feel cheated, I was looking forward to the pics ;-)
ReplyDeleteI am sure this year will be much better for you than last year, there is ALWAYS peace after the storm, I am living proof of that. Just keep God first and everything else will follow.
Blessings!
XoXo
Sounds like a great trip!!
ReplyDeleteSo why am I just putting two and two together that its you from Twitter. I'm getting old. That's what happens when you hit your thirties!!
ReplyDeleteA change of scenery can do so much for the mind even if it is only a few days!! Don't come back here and not have a drink or something to eat with me!!