Thursday, November 8, 2012

ok, so....

Even though I have had plenty of birthdays, I still think It's OK to get excited about it like I'm a little kid... It's OK to not want to go to work on my birthday, but still suck it up like a big girl and go (especially since I have court....) It's OK to go shopping for a new dress, and new shoes and new jewelry just because I want to look cute on MY BIRTHDAY... It's OK to feel special about receiving tons of FACEBOOK notifications wishing you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY...even though you don't regularly talk to a lot of the people who are posting on your wall.... It's OK to reminisce on the ghosts of birthdays past... but IT's EVEN MORE OK to be happy about the future, grateful to GOD for all of HIS blessings and happy that you have been given another year of life to do better, be better and live better & move on. It's OK to grow up...

3 comments:

  1. You are never too old to celebrate you b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, preach honey! This post speaks to my soul. I sometimes wonder if I make too much of a big deal about my birthday. Especially when people ask questions like "Really, you need a birthday dress, I'm sure you have something in your closet". I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one that feels that you should be able to go-all-out on your special day. Besides, it only comes around once a year.

    xoxo
    Maya D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celebrate girl!! You only have one life!! I am not a huge bday person meanwhile so I am planning to throw a party for my 30th big enough to carry for the next 10 years LOL Enjoy your DAY!

    ReplyDelete