Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

Another thanksgiving is upon us, and as I inhale the succulent smells floating from the kitchen it's only right for me to take a moment to give God the glory for all of his Blessings.

"O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever!"
(1 Chronicles 16:34, AMP)

This year has definitely been trying.... a season of change that I definitely had not imagined coming to pass, but despite it all I'm here and I'm still blessed.

From health & financial challenges with my family, to growing pains and stress at work; to losing the person I thought was my soulmate... I've experienced it all this year. But still The Lord has kept me strong, allowed me to not break when all I wanted to do was give up... He has provided me with the right people at the right time to say the things I needed to hear most, right when I needed to hear it... The Lord has provided for me, sustained me and given me increase when in my mind I didn't even realize I deserved it.

I'm just thankful that no matter how low I've felt these last few weeks, I know that The Lord is making a way for me right now as I type this. I'm thankful for faith, patience and the knowledge that in due time all the desires of my heart will come to me.

My goal is to focus more so on what I have, instead of what I don't have.... and instead of feeling down I am going to be grateful.

I'm grateful for my family, my friends, my career, my sense of humor, all of my possessions, my memories & experiences, the lessons I've learned and the lessons I'm still learning, my church, grace & joy. I need to be more accountable for knowing the value of my worth, and I am thankful for life and the ability to always get better.

Overall I'm just THANKFUL..........





3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good in all He does! Hope your thanksgiving was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that scripture it is apart of one of my favorite gospel songs "Lord you are good and your mercy endureth forever!" hope you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete