This weekend trip to New Orleans, officially marked the end of my whirlwind of activities...or so I'm planning.
I hadn't been to New Orleans since 2010, and although that was only three years ago I think I'm slightly more mature than I was then. Aside from the food, art and shopping I'm not the major party person I was during my undergraduate years when I loved to take that drive after the club in Baton Rouge closed to New Orleans....
So many fun, dangerous nights, but I digress.
We went for my girlfriends 30th birthday and 5 year anniversary of her surviving an aneurysm just days after her 25th birthday. I definitely wanted to be a trooper since this was such a major milestone so I braved the crowds and drunk frat boys on Bourbon street and had a good time.
On Friday night, we ate, walked around, hit up the daiquiri shop and then ended up crashing by 2 am... Her other friends made it into the city later than us and ended up staying out the ENTIRE night. I was slightly glad we didn't end up doing that....
On Saturday, we walked around the French Quarter, ate at Bubba Gump's Seafood, browsed the artwork, talked with a fortune teller (who was eerily accurate) shopped some more... slept, and then went to eat again... The food in New Orleans. Amazing. Yes.
That night, we went out on Bourbon again and ended up dancing in a random club until everyone finally realized that we were old and couldn't hang like we used to. I was again happy by that....
Sunday morning, everyone met up for a final lunch together and beignets from the infamous Cafe Du Monde before we hit the road back home...
It was a great time and I'm happy I got the chance to spend the weekend with her. Meanwhile back in Houston, my other friend celebrated her thirtieth as well. I'm sad I missed out on her events so I ended up taking her out for lunch today since I took off work...
Overall a good weekend.
And it is back to the real world tomorrow....












No comments:
Post a Comment