Last night, two of my friends and I went to see Solange Knowles live in concert at the Fitzgerald. It is no exaggeration, when I say that Solange gave us life...all collectively, amongst the crowd we lived.
Solange is an amazing performer.
The venue was full of urban hipsters, who all worship her style & most importantly her music. Her music is no where near being mainstream, and I'm sure the majority of the world knows every lyric of every song her sister Beyonce has ever sung... but after last night, I can proudly say that I am definitely team Solange.....
We waited in line for over an hour....and once the doors opened in this standing room only venue, we were lucky enough to all get seats in the upper balcony.
An artist named Sinkane was her opening act... I was not familiar with his music before the show started, but he was well worth being on the same ticket as her...
By the time Solange actually hit the stage it was already 10pm.... but she was so lively and full of energy that I did not even notice that it was well past my bed time...
She is so gorgeous.
We danced and sung ourselves silly. It was a great time... I went a little crazy with the photo editing, but as you can see we were all feeling ourselves! I had to pull the bangs back because it decided to be Spring forreal yesterday and the hot comb was not getting the job done (insert side eye) but I was happy that I got a chance to go out without wearing a jacket!!
Beyonce would have been proud...
But who am I really kidding?
I love them both. I don't think I could pick a side if I tried............









I love Solange! I love how they are so opposite but similar with the way they perform. I love Solange's style too. Her hair, the way she dresses, she's just awesome. I'm kinda jealous :)
ReplyDeleteAnd you looked fabulous! Love your outfit!!
Glad you had a good time!
Their parents obviously have some awesome genes!!! I guess because they are from Houston Solange is here often either singing or DJ-ing at random spots.
DeleteI love Solange as an artist. I love how she stays true to herself and what she loves.
ReplyDeleteAww sounds like a great time...I had no idea she had concerts...I haven't been to one in forever!! You looked fierce lady!
ReplyDeletethanks!!!!
Delete