Sunday, March 24, 2013

Up until now.....

I've had the most random of last few days.

I got the rest I had so been desiring and got to spend a lot of quality time with my mother, who is off work for the next couple of weeks recovering from surgery. I can almost promise that this post will be all over the place, because that is exactly how I feel this morning. All. Over. The. Place.

My week was the typical busy, court filled blur of wake up, grind, sleep, repeat. But I did manage to squeeze in time to relax a little after hours. The first day of Spring was cold. Very uncharacteristic for Houston. Underneath my coat, I snuck in flowers as my own personal form of rebellion against Mother Nature.....

I fell even more in love with Beyonce over the course of the week, when Bow Down leaked out to the world. I've seen the blogosphere and media tearing her apart for the song. Yes, it sounds a tad odd to hear her using the B word, but the song is so Houston... And being from here, I completely get it. I appreciate the fact that she acknowledges her roots musically. Just because you are known as the epitome of class, does not mean you can't have another side of you. It's the best of both worlds. But I digress...

Speaking of music, I picked up Justin Timberlake's new CD. It has literally been on repeat since Thursday. Literally. On. Repeat.

This weekend one of my friends from law school had her birthday party. I debated on if I should go or not, since she did invite my former guy best friend & his girlfriend (both of which I am no longer friends with) but I decided to be the bigger person and go anyways. I hate awkwardness and the last few times I've seen them out they were both rude as hell. I still haven't figured out why he decided not to be my friend anymore after all these years, although I assume it had to do with the girlfriend...but I am happy I went, had a good time and didn't feel bad at all just enjoying myself, celebrating my friend and pretty much pretending like they didn't exist... But again, I digress. I will have to dedicate a new post entirely to friendship on another day....

On Sunday, I went to the Haute Wheels Food Truck Festival. We got there a little late so the lines were already long. The only truck I really wanted to eat from was the Waffle Bus. After almost two hours of standing in line we finally got our food. Delicious. Well worth the wait.

I also got a bread pudding and yummy cake balls. My girlfriend had her heart set on a root beer float, so before we left we braved another line to satisfy her craving.

After the festival, I took a quick nap and then went out to see Oz at the movie theater. It was such a good movie. And after seeing it, I can definitely understand why The Wicked Witch of the West was so wicked.....

I don't really have much planned this week, but I do want to reflect and be thankful for all of the blessings The Lord has provided me with. It is Holy Week, and Easter Sunday is my favorite holiday. I haven't done my best lately to show gratitude, but I am thankful beyond measure and I will make every effort to be a better Christian and a better person.

And that about sums things up for now.....































5 comments:

  1. Girl, I have yet to hear the song but you are right they are RIPPING her to shreds on this song! smh. All of that food sounds so yummy and you are the hundredth person that said given good praises to JT's album, I need it in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling! All over the place has been my MO lately too. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They can totally miss me with the B slander. I love a hood track and it is what it is! I can't wait until our little festivals start around here but it's been so cold. I just want to go to one and eat a bunch of nothing and hang out! Glad your mom is recovering well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard on the radio that there is another version in the works with a bunch of local Houston rappers on it. Man Hold UP!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete