Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Frequent Flyer Miles.....

One of my favorite things to do is travel & vacationing has been the hot topic of conversation among my friends and I.

I usually try to take at least one nice trip a year, and various mini-vacations in between time to keep myself from going insane... but I have been slacking on my planning lately. So far in 2013, I have been to Alabama, Dallas & New Orleans....and I will visit Atlanta, Miami & West Palm Beach, Florida at the beginning of next month...but all of these (except West Palm Beach) are places I have been before.

I want to go somewhere new(or somewhere that I have not been in a long time), I just don't know where.....

Miami is one of the first trips I took all on my own with my girlfriends for Memorial Day weekend way back in 2006...Aside from travelling to Louisiana with my family, I had never been anywhere, not even on an airplane until that trip... Once I figured out that riding airplanes was a simple task,it was full speed ahead for me.

Since then I have been to Los Angeles(where I should visit more often since half my family lives there & in the surrounding area) San Antonio & Austin (my state is so big that all the various cities are like actually leaving the state) Oklahoma, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Atlanta, (my home away from home) Las Vegas, North Carolina...Cozumel & Progresso, Mexico (cruise destinations) Montego Bay, Jamaica & Nassau, Bahamas... I don't really count Louisiana as a true vacation spot since I used to live there & that is where the other half of my family resides...
*In retrospect, I really haven't been that many places, but for someone who literally did not ride an airplane until I was almost 25 years old, I think I am doing alright travel wise...*

The thing is, I have no clue where I want to go next...

One of my girlfriends is currently in Brazil right now with a few other friends... my other friend is going to Dubai & Israel next month, and two others are going to Toronto in July and my nephew will be spending the summer in Hawaii interning all summer....

Let's just say...I'm a travel weirdo... The same way some friends you call for happy hour, some you call when you want to hit the club and have a good time (not that I club often these days) and others you have quiet time with conversations & cocktails...I have friends that I leave city limits with. I love all my friends dearly, but I also know them well enough to know which ones I would actually be able to experience a fulfilling trip with... and that plays a factor in determining my next destination...

If I take another trip with my girlfriends, I would love to go to an island destination.... Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Dominican Republic or possibly another Caribbean island... it would definitely have to be somewhere singles friendly & all-inclusive...

If I go on a trip with my sister, I would love to explore Chicago, San Francisco, or NYC.... We had a blast shopping and exploring Philadelphia & another city trip would be awesome...

If I go somewhere by myself, I would love to go to a spa in New Mexico or a resort in Maine where I could leisurely explore, shop & read.....

Or, I could just continue to save money & wait until next year to go somewhere more extravagant....Spain, Portugal & Italy are my dream destinations...hopefully one day I will get to see them in person....

Time is definitely not of the essence & I am probably only up thinking about trips because it is almost summer and the world is going on vacation...

But I do like to plan & have events to look forward to so it does not hurt to start planning early........

The first step is just figuring out where I would like to go...






No comments:

Post a Comment