Thursday, May 9, 2013

It's Okay... To throwback


I'm sad to see one of my favorite link-ups coming to an end, but on to bigger and better things for the link-ups creator so I can't be too sad to see it go....... Linking up with Neely and Amber on this Thursday for It's Ok....

I have been sick all week. I went to the doctor on Tuesday. I ended up having an upper respiratory & sinus infection, got a shot like a five year old (although it did make me feel better almost minutes after I had left my doctors office) & antibiotics and a steroid pill..and a nasal spray. It's hard to be busy and sick. I still had court this week, and coughed the entire time. So embarrassing.

But I guess, unfortunately when you have to work, you can't really take too much time off to get better. Especially when there is nobody else able, or willing to cover hearings for you & the emails don't stop and the voice mail don't stop & the deadlines keep coming up.... but I digress. Less than a month til vacation.



It's Okay to participate in throw-back Thursday...especially when you are celebrating the five year anniversary of your law school graduation.

It's Okay to not be friends with everyone you met in law school. Everyone was either for a season or a reason.

It's Okay to have made some of your best friends ever during those grueling three years.

It's Okay:
to still want more,
to want to go further,
achieve more & be much more accomplished.

It's Okay:
to wonder what if?
How would my life be had I not went to law school?
Would I be more or less fulfilled?
What would I be doing?
Would I be married living out my white picket fence dreams or still trying to find my way in this world?

It's Okay:
to be proud of yourself.
To still miss the weekly happy hours, late night study sessions & high school-esque law school drama....

It's okay to realize that regardless of it all...you are right where you are supposed to be in this moment. despite how it feels or what it seems. It's all okay......

Oh, and it is still okay that I have yet to watch an episode of Scandal...but all of the female lawyers in my life are forcing me to watch, or at least read the commentary. We shall see...


3 comments: