It's Sunday Social time & I really liked this set of questions... Although I have been trying my best to look beyond the past, it is always good to see where you once were and to be proud of all the progress you have made.
This Weeks Questions:
1. 1 year ago I was doing …I was days away from my relationship ending. I was beyond stressed out and about to embark on one of the most depressing summers in my adult life since the summer after I graduated law school & had to study for the bar. Although I was in a good place career wise, my personal life was not where it should have been and I was struggling to hold on to someone who I should have let go of.
2. 5 years ago I was doing … I had just graduated from law school! I spent the summer studying for the bar, mourning for a friend who mysteriously passed away while we were studying for the bar and dealing with a bad relationship that refused to be over.... Again career wise, I was in a good place, but relationship wise..eh, not so much.....
3. 10 years ago I was doing… I was about to be a senior in college, and had just been accepted into the Louisiana Women in Government Internship Program, where I would spend the next semester working full time with the Louisiana House of Representatives. It was there that I decided to become an attorney and started to study for the LSAT.
4. 1 year from now I'll be doing… Hopefully my practice will have expanded and I will finally have a successful relationship....
5. 5 years from now I'll be doing… Working as a successful attorney & hopefully by then author.. I also hope I will be married and having or already have had my first child...
6. 10 years from now I'll be doing….. Still practicing law, or running my own non-profit organization. Traveling with my family & prospering and being happy.... and enjoying my 40's to the fullest...
This was not a question the Social, but I wanted to add it anyway...
Right now I am--- working and looking for ways to further my career... I've healed from the break up. Not dating anyone, but finally feeling like I am worthy of deserving a good man and healthy stable relationship. I have gotten over the craziness from last summer and looking forward to this one being ten times better than last year and even better than I could even imagine.....
I hope everything works out they way you hope!
ReplyDeletethanks!
DeleteBeing an attorney sounds exciting. Especially all the options you have. All the best to you and your practice!
ReplyDeletethanks!!!
DeleteGood things are on their way for you. You deserve a stable relationship. Glad you got out of something that was not heathy for you.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to continuing to follow your journey :)
Thanks Faith!
Delete