Saturday, July 13, 2013

and then it was six days later....


This face pretty much sums up the last six days... This. Week. Was. Not. The. Business.

It started out nice. I was excited to see Emelie Sande and she was AMAZING, but the battery on my phone died seconds after she took the stage. Bleh.

I had court everyday this week. Which means, little to no time in the office...which translates into hundreds of emails & voice mail, and things left to do on my to-do list. Meh.

Working at a firm sometimes equals backstabbing, brown nosing, manipulative associates/co-workers. I'm not even going to begin to voice my opinion on who that asshole person is in my office. Ugh.

The Trayvon Martin trial. It has been on non-stop and it's hard to watch. I feel so bad for his parents, because despite what the verdict will be he will NEVER be here on this earth with his family again. I've lost a sibling to a senseless murder. I would be mortified if I had to see images of him on TV, see bigots and racists demean his character on the internet, make a mockery of his murder and pretty much turn him into a figure head for both justice and hatred. I can only imagine the feeling. My heart aches for them. It pains me to see this trial play out. It disgusts me that people have taken sides and speak so lowly of a person who is not here to defend himself. Despite it all, he should not have had to die. Guilty or Innocent. He is dead. No verdict will change that. I hate that for his family. Sigh.

The attorney in me understands what reasonable doubt is, and after watching the trial I can't say that the prosecution has proven their burden. That opinion is solely based on my own personal beliefs. Maybe attorneys in Florida conduct trials a tad different than they do in Texas, but uh... Yeah. I just can't deal with it. I am glad that I am not a member of that jury, and I can only pray that justice is served...regardless of what the outcome may be.

I had to go back to the dentist this morning. Enough said.

I was supposed to go to a 5K Pub Run today, but by the time I left the dentist I was not feeling social at all. At least my registration fee went to a charity I appreciate & believe in so it was not a loss in my book. I'm going to dedicate the remainder of this weekend to rest, recuperation and major attitude adjusting....

On a lighter note, I finally picked up my pottery from The Mad Potter party I went to, and I love how it turned out. I also got a chance to catch up with a girlfriend after work yesterday and she introduced me to one of her friends & we hit it off wonderfully. It's rare that I meet people and instantly click with them. That was refreshing.

Today will be the true definition of a Lazy Saturday. It may end up being an even Lazier Sunday, and I have no problem with that at all.

8 comments:

  1. Don't even get me started on the Zimmerman thing ... I have a post all ready to go as soon as I'm ready to hit post ... I just can't understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl it's terrible. I may post about it later.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole case will forever sadden me. And the way they smiled afterwards just broke my heart. I hug my son a little tighter now.

    And I love your pottery too. Those are nice colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sisters and I were SO upset about the freakish smile! If I could go through the TV and choke someone I would have.

      Delete
    2. It was SOOO disrespectful the way they celebrated. Even if I hate another attorneys guts I'm at least civil and respectful with whatever decision is made in court. Just for the sake of respect they should have celebrated outside of the cameras. And the state attorneys annoyed me too. Florida attorneys handle their business a lot different than we do in Texas that's for sure......

      Delete
  4. i can't even imagine being a lawyer watching the case...ooh i would die that my camera died just as she was able to take the stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was terrible! i feel so bad for the family. and I am so going to invest in one of those phone cases that is also a phone charger!

      Delete