Sunday, July 7, 2013

seven days later.....

July, so far, has been full of rest, food, painkillers & good times....
I only worked Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday and took the remainder of the week off to celebrate the 4th of July.

On Wednesday night, my friends & I went to the camouflage party celebrating Carnival 2013/Houston Caribbean fest... Everyone showed up on island time and the party didn't really get started until well after 2 am.. Being that I am old, I had to respectfully bow out. I did enjoy the reggae and soca music being played...but I am not capable of partying till the sun comes up anymore......


Since I was out all night, I woke up late Thursday & spent my 4th of July on the porch eating, reading and lounging around... It was awesome. I hung out at a girlfriends house and watched the firework show downtown from a balcony in her apartments & then ended up giggling and gossiping until well after 2 in the morning.....


I had every intention of going out to a poetry lounge Friday night, but after eating dinner late I was exhausted and had to call it a night early....


I woke up at the crack of dawn Saturday morning to get some dental work done...... That's where the painkillers come in.....I was literally in the bed the rest of the day & the majority of the day today. No bueno.

I feel like garbage. It is a terrible feeling being hungry, but not being able to chew. I'm hoping I feel better by tomorrow, because I have court in the morning and my sister & I have tickets to go see Emeli Sande tomorrow night at the House of Blues... but ugh. I know the pain is only temporary but sheesh, I am not a fan of the dentist right now.



I've been listening to her CD continuously and I can't wait to see her... Even if it means being drugged up & hungry while I do it..... But I digress.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun long weekend minus the tooth crap. I hate the dentist.

    I love the idea of a camo party! So fun. Yeah I'm old too. I don't know how I use to stay up so late/early.

    Have fun with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camo party was a unique idea, and it was a lot of fun!

      Delete
  2. i love Emeli...she is too cool. the dental work sounds painful...sorry to hear that but it sounds like it was an awesome 4th otherwise!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She put on an awesome show, I wish I could have taken pics or got video of her but my phone died :(

      Delete
  3. ouch I hope you feel better soon. I can't front I do love me a good soca party :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to have some dental work done and I am sooooo not looking forward to it. I almost want to just deal with my wisdom teeth than to get them pulled, ESPECIALLY if I'm not able to eat. I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to get my wisdom teeth removed. I couldn't handle the pain. But it feels so much better not having to deal with them. I hate the dentist :(

      Delete