Monday, July 22, 2013

Summer To Do's

It's no secret that summer is my least favorite season, and as I looked at my office calendar today I realized not only are there just a few days left before August..there's only a couple more months (weeks) until the official start of Fall... September 22...

I've seen a few people making Summer Bucket Lists on line, but I don't really like the term "bucket list" so I decided to make a to-do list of things I'd like to enjoy before Fall returns.... I'm trying to be positive and find good reasons to enjoy the misery that is summer in heat-ridden Texas :)

1) Go to a concert 
2) Jog in Memorial Park
3) Try 2 3 new brunch locations
4) Try 1 3 new happy hour locations 
5) Make 1 new acquaintance 
6) Visit a museum
7) Take a CLE or class that I'm interested in 
8) Volunteer or donate to a cause I support
I donated to Search Homeless Services for their back to school uniform drive providing uniforms to homeless kids before school starts...

9) Hang out with my god daughter
10) Read 1 2 3 new books
11) Write out a new business plan or goals sheet
12) Have a technology-free day
13) Write something other than a blog post
14) Save an extra $500
15) Pay off a credit card
16) Buy myself a new outfit
17) Take my mom, sister & aunt out for dinner 
18) Go to a new club or lounge
19) Go to a HAULYP meeting
20) Visit a new church
21) Write a letter to a friend
22) Sample or cook a new dish

Hopefully some of these things will keep me entertained until the leaves start falling off the trees....



3 comments:

  1. i need to go to a museum and have a technology free day...i so need one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm LOOKING FORWARD TO IT! I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU :)

      Delete
  2. I did a technology free week and it was hard!

    I wanted to do a summer bucket list and then I didn't. I have a few things that I want to do that I hope I get to do them. But I'm excited for Fall! My favorite season!

    ReplyDelete