Things got entirely too real around these parts the last few days....
Between the verdict, and the backlash from the verdict...we as Americans had a lot to think about (or at least we should have, but I digress) and I'm just glad the week is almost over.
Court in the morning, then I can count down the hours until the weekend....
Tonight was a book club night, and we discussed Carry the One by Carol Anshaw. I personally enjoyed it, but not to the point where I would put it in my list of top favorite reads. The story follows a group of friends/siblings who go through life and have various life experiences in the wake of them accidentally killing a young girl in a car accident.
I enjoyed the authors style of writing, but was unhappy that not all of all the characters evolved or did better with their lives....
I hate being a spoiler, so I won't go into too much detail about the book... but I will give it a 3/5 rating.
In the midst of giggles, drinks, food and discussion, we picked the novel Y by Majorie Celona for the next book club selection. I'm excited to start reading it, especially since it was my pick....
As far as plans for the weekend: sleep, read, brunch, repeat.
Yeah, that's about all I have for now......
Sounds like a good read. I've always wanted to be part of a book club ... Hopefully one day.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great weekend!
Maybe you can join one in your new town! I have a girlfriend who lives up there I will have to ask her what city they are in so maybe she can show you around if it is close! Hope you have enjoyed your weekend!
DeleteFunny you say all of this - I've decided to indulge myself in books as opposed to watching the news bc I've consumed myself in these last three cases - Casey, Jodi, Trayvon, and have been disappointed in the end. A good book suggestion is always a gift so thanks for it!
ReplyDeleteXO | KIMBERLYLUXE
The first 5 are everything about my life! LOL!
ReplyDelete