This weekend I celebrated yet another flirty thirty (I seriously thought all of my friends had turned 30 already, I guess I miscalculated)birthday with a girlfriend from law school. She wanted to have a pink themed birthday brunch at the Tasting Room, which is a very fancy wine bar/restaurant. She coined it the "Cougar Convention" while we talked about life, love & other random things that cougars discuss over brunch. The food was delicious, the sangria & mimosas were delightful........
After the party I came home and attempted to rest a bit, before I met up with my cousin, her husband & their baby for dinner. I was still full from brunch, but they devoured four pounds of crawfish while I played with baby Langston. She celebrated her birthday as well this weekend. She turned 24, and went out with her friends Friday night, but I was too old and tired to partake in those festivities. Not really, but really.....
I haven't done anything else this weekend but relax, read & watch television. I feel like I need a minor attitude adjustment, because I have not been feeling too perky lately. I feel like anytime my (most recent) ex starts contacting me it makes my attitude turn completely sour. It's like he can sense when I'm feeling good about life, and then decides to randomly contact me "just to say hi" or to see what I'm up to. I guess I'm not mature enough to deal with that yet. It's been exactly a year since we broke up. I'm just ready to move on and be over it. But I digress.
Friendship. That is something that I take very seriously. I am a loyal friend. I have friends from all walks of life & all genres of people. I can be a friend forever. Through thick and thin, but once it's over it is over. When a friend betrays me, or genuinely hurts me I can never be their friend again. Associate, or acquaintance maybe, but never again a friend. It takes a lot to earn back that title. To date I can only think of two who have been worthy of forgiveness after something negative has occurred. In the past I have always kept my friendship circles separate. Everyone doesn't mesh, and the times when I have tried have not always been so pleasant. Well, it seems like I'm rambling, but a friendship issue has also been causing my weekend to have a damper on it....
This past year some of the people who were closest to me decided to deviate from that and one I don't speak to at all or even so much as acknowledge his presence when I see him in social settings...the other she just completely stopped talking to everyone for 6 months and just recently decided to reappear. Not in my life, but in the lives of my other friends that I introduced her to. The last real conversation I had with her was after my birthday party last year, wherein she showed up with the nastiest attitude possible and was rude to my other friends and told me that I was not that great of a friend, but I at least introduced her to some great people.. she later half-way apologized and blamed her rant on mother nature but that right there let me know that maybe we had outgrown each other and our friendship had run its course...So the past couple of weeks she began contacting my friends and last night had one of my close friends over her new apartment for a wine & unpacking party. My friend mentioned it to me, but I didn't really comment on it...but it has completely pissed me off for the moment. I don't feel like it's jealousy because I don't really do manual labor like unpacking stuff anyway, but it really bothers me that she still wants to be close with people I introduced her to and just not talk to me at all. I'm probably being immature about the whole thing, or being a Scorpio--possessive--- but it really annoys me. But I guess let me digress again before I come off sounding crazy...
Anyways, I'm going to spend the rest of my day relaxing and unwinding.... I'm taking my





I really love how you're always celebrating your life and the lives of those around you. It really inspires me to adopt that.
ReplyDeleteI think it's okay to let certain people go. And while it may hurt, it may also be what is best. It is true that we outgrow people and I honestly believe that outgrowing people is not to be sad or disappointed about. I've had to outgrow several people and it's a decision that I don't regret.
I, too, have an ex that seems to try and contact me when my life is going fine. I still haven't decided how I want to deal with it because a part of me wants to believe that he has changed but there is still a part of me that believe he is still the same. It saddens me because I loved him deeply and sometimes, I do wish that he realized that and loved me just the same. But, it is what it is.
It's like they just can't get it right. The thought is there but they just can't take the right actions to make things better. It has been a LONG year of trying to just bounce back from our relationship ending. I just want to be happy again. But you are right, it is what it is....
DeleteLOL you guys are seriously far from cougars!! I have had some not so good friend situations in the past year or so. Those kind of breakups can get pretty messy. I feel like your ex-friend should know her boundaries, and maybe it is an underhanded way to get back at you for whatever she has going on in her head...ahh that kind of game play makes me crazy!
ReplyDeletecougars in training, maybe? sigh, lets pray not lol. Yeah, friendship woes are the worst! I hate it!
Deletei love celebrating 30th birthdays....they are always so much fun and comes with such anticipation. i could be a better friend...i am always too busy for certain things and then throw in not living in the same country as some of my closest friends. i love that you are loyal to your friends!
ReplyDeleteI am having more fun celebrating the 30's than I did celebrating when everyone turned 25 :)
DeleteYou have lots of friends turning 30! I feel like I don't have any that have yet I am. Idk.
ReplyDeleteI had a friend like that. She'll appear and disappear. One time she did it and I told her that it would be the last time I forgives her. She didn't it again. She tried to contact me but I haven't spoken to her since. If you can't be a good friend at all times then we can't be friends. That friendship ran its course. Sometimes they do. And that's ok
Ugh to guys who pop up when things are going well. They suck.
I agree whole heatedly! I don't like fair weather friendships. Nor exes from Christmas pasts.......
Delete