The first week of the New Year has already come to an end, and all I can say about it is so far so good.....
I'm currently missing the above-pictured house guest, as he has gone back home with his owners... Life is so much better with a dog around. At least I got to pretend that he was mine for a couple of days....
My fortune cookie predicted that I would have a lot of successes this year, and I already got one bit of good news that I am so thankful to God for.... beyond grateful.....
On Friday night, I went to Sambuca for a thirtieth birthday dinner... I may have found my new favorite drink, the after dinner mint. It tasted liked my favorite girl scout cookie (Thin Mints) only infused with creamy alcoholic goodness. The live band in the restaurant was also nice. The menu items are kind of pricey, but I definitely wouldn't mind coming back to this restaurant sometime in the near future. I've actually been to the Sambuca in Atlanta before, but thinking back the vibe of that location was slightly different than the one here in Houston. By the time we finished with dinner, it had just began to rain so I headed home....
...and stayed home all the way through Saturday (except for brief outings to the grocery store & to run an errand), and finally re-emerged on Sunday morning for church.
After church I got a nap in, and then went to another birthday dinner for a co-worker. I didn't take too many pictures because I was too busy laughing hysterically and stuffing my face. Good times...extremely good times.




No comments:
Post a Comment