Saturday, January 12, 2013

Confession....

When I woke up Friday morning, I had a text message from one of my besties that simply stated, "Your ignorance of Scandal could affect our friendship." I have a confession to make.... I'm a red-blooded American woman and I have never watched a full episode of Scandal. After laughing hysterically reading her text and her giving me a full synopsis of how many episodes I needed to review online prior to this upcoming Thursday, I realized this was a serious mishap on my part amongst the majority of my peers...but I digress, and laugh again as I sit here and consider scrolling over to netflix.... I guess I finally understand how everyone else felt when I had my obsession over the WB's Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but again I digress.

While the majority of my friends were glued to their televisions Thursday night, I was at the salon getting a much needed style update. I gave my beautician full range to do whatever she wanted & when I put my glasses back on I had bangs... I wasn't too sure about them at first, but now I slightly am obsessed.


I went out Friday night for a birthday happy hour, that led to a birthday club outing. The venue where the happy hour occured was so gorgeous! There were antique tiffany lights decorating the entire bar, and the drinks were super potent themed specialty drinks. After we left, we went downtown to a popular night club and I must confess that I am officially over going to actual clubs. I had a blast with my friends, and most importantly the birthday girl had a blast..but on a regular occassion, I think I am over it. Lounges, happy hours, events, that about sums up my desire to be out... unless it is a birthday celebration, then it is likely that I will not be going to many clubs JUST to be going....



These are the shoes I wore last night. I had been searching high and low for shoes that had some form of spike on them. The ones I originally wanted were way too expensive, so I found these and liked them enough to purchase. I really have to confess that I am beyond happy that I went for the cheaper trend option, because when I looked at my shoes this morning, I saw that somewhere between the walk to or from my car and the club I completely destroyed the heel on the shoe...Now I am having to play doctor to fix them...had I splurged on the original pair I wanted and screwed them up, I would be so hurt right now. so, so hurt........... Now back to enjoying my Saturday.

5 comments:

  1. I love your new hairstyle. I think the bangs look very cute on you. I've been over the club scene for about 2 years now and I only go out unless some one dear to me has a party there (even though I roll my eyes sometimes when they do).

    And there is NO WAY you can be American and not watch Scandal. LOL!

    Do you also watch Revenge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think I out partied myself when I lived in Baton Rouge so now I just want to chill!

      Delete
  2. I love your bangs! Looks good!

    I watched all of Scandal on Netflix and I kinda love it ;).

    I am so with you. Def over clubbing too!

    Hope you are able to fix your shoes, they are hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I'm finally going to join the masses and try to catch up on last season!

      Delete
  3. Lovin' Kerry, LOVIN' those bangs, and totally feeling those pumps! That looks like a nice venue too...being surrounded by beautiful Tiffany lighting and having good drinks in pretty glasses... um yes please :-)

    OAN: I'm not feeling the club scene anymore either-- I go for B-day parties too, Lol

    Blessings!
    Maya D

    ReplyDelete