Forever Evolving............ Constantly changing. Creating, learning. Better, Everyday.
Monday, January 7, 2013
-21-
I celebrated the 10th anniversary of my 21st birthday this past November, and looking back there are DEFINITELY a lot of things I wish I knew then, that I know now.... and some things that I probably knew then, yet ignored & still continue to ignore now...
Luckily life is all about growth and lesson learning, and these are just a few of the things I wish I had of known back then:
1) It's okay to say no. You don't have to go the same places, or do the same things that your friends are doing. There is nothing wrong with taking the night off.
2) Everybody does not deserve second, third, fourth or even fifth chance. When they show their true colors the first time believe them.
3) You are a pretty girl. Don't settle for the first thing that comes a long. Don't be afraid that this one will be the only one, because he won't......
4) Stop trying to gain weight. Being thick won't be as important when your metabolism slows down and you aren't burning thousands of calories walking across campus and dancing til 3am every day & night.
5) The friends you have now won't necessarily be the ones you will have ten years from now. Appreciate the fact that everyone has a season & a reason.
6) Take time to smell the roses. Yes you are driven, and ambitious.. but don't get too consumed with the goals that you neglect real life.
7) Hang out in the engineering building & library... much better selection of dudes than at the frat house... *shudders*
8) Value you.
9) Stick with the hot comb, because one day everyone will be natural.
10) Don't try to be perfect, just be you.
Click here to see the motivation behind my reminiscing......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Look at how pretty you are!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with every single one of these! Especially the one that talks about every friend having a reason and I season. 10 years ago I would try to hold on to friendships like I would never have another.
And amen to folks showing their true colors the first time. I sure wish I knew that a very long time ago!
if only i had a time machine lol
DeleteAwww I got chills reading this because I could have told myself all these things too....and so true about the hit comb and smelling the roses!
ReplyDeletestill trying to remind myself to smell the roses..........
DeleteI love this! Everything you wrote is so true!
ReplyDeleteI remember trying to gain weight. How silly I was :).
I completely laughed about the hot comb! So, so true!