Forever Evolving............ Constantly changing. Creating, learning. Better, Everyday.
Sunday, January 20, 2013
Weekend Wrap Up: Birmingham Edition
This weekend was everything. I left for Birmingham, Alabama on Friday morning & once I got off the plane it was nonstop entertainment, laughs, girl talk, glamorizing, sipping adult beverages and having the best time celebrating the 10th anniversary of my girls 21st birthday. All of my friends in Houston kept asking why we celebrating in Alabama of all places, but it was SO MUCH FUN.
We stopped for happy hour & then headed to the Galleria for shopping. After that we went back home & enjoyed a lot of catching up and discussion. It felt like we were back in the dorm rooms again...
We meet up with my girlfriends cousin and some of his friends & went out for the night. Men in Alabama, or atleast the ones I met are definitely Southern gentleman. I didn't want to return to reality, where the dudes don't compliment you or open doors & pull out seats.. Sigh, I think I got spoiled out there....
The next day, we got up late and attempted to go to Waffle House (I have been craving it since I moved from Louisiana, they are not plentiful in my city) but it was too crowded...we went to Captain D's instead... I used to eat that when I was a kid & then they closed down in Houston. I enjoyed every single greasy batter fried bit of it. Yes. I did.
After lunch, we headed over to her aunts house and spent the most hilarious five hours plus spending time with her family. They are amazing & her aunt cooked for us and made margaritas.
We headed out again that night & had to tap out around 3 am... We realized then that we are not as spunky as we were at 21... We look just as good as we did then, but as far as energy goes...yeah we both could've been in pajamas by 9 pm and had no complaints about it whatsoever, but I digress.
I was sad when it was time for me to get up and head out to the airport to catch my flight. I always feel like a void has been filled whenever I get the chance to spend time with my best friend from undergrad, or my best friends from lawschool (one is in Atlanta, the other in Dallas)... I feel like they know me better than any of my other friends and I live so far away from them. I guess the world did not want me to leave Alabama either, because I sat there an extra 5 hours at the airport, because my flight was delayed due to dense fog in Houston. I wasn't amused then, but once I finally made it home and saw how many people had been stranded in Houston for HOURS or had their flight cancelled I was relieved to have had that extra time in Birmingham.
We took a ton more pictures, but they are currently residing on instagram & facebook...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Who is that sexy lady.... Lol! Love the hair, the dress and of course the bangs... You look absolutely stunning.
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maya D
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DeleteYou look hot!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great time! I'm with you, I can't hang like I use to, although, I do try! ;)
This post makes me miss my girlfriends from college!
Thanks girlie!
DeleteYou look amazing! I love how blue looks on you.
ReplyDeleteAnd I didn't know you lived in Louisiana! Sometimes I feel it's unfortunate that I'm still living here, but other times, I am glad that I live here. We have a love/hate relationship.
Good to see that you had an amazing time reconnecting with your friends!
Thanks! I lived in BR for 4 yrs during college. I miss it most times.
ReplyDeleteSo great that you made such amazing friends in college that you stay in touch with. Sounds like such a fun time. You'll just have to look forward to the next time you get together. Funny how those little things like jammies by 9 creep into your life to remind you that you're getting older!
ReplyDeletePajamas are becoming my favorite accessory these days lol
Delete