Sunday, January 27, 2013

Birthdays Galore.....

& other weekend happenings.


This past week & weekend were a blur. I didn't realize so many of my friends had birthdays back to back to back to back... Ever since Christmas it's been one continuous birthday party and this upcoming Friday is my sister's birthday, so it continues.


On Friday night, we headed out for happy hour and a little club hopping to celebrate another year of fabulousness... Unfortunately I had to pull a disappearing act because I really cannot do the club scene anymore... I am such an old lady! But I did make up for it by getting a nice gift & card, but I digress....





Saturday, I went to a Jazz Brunch hosted by a professional organization I am a member of. I was too busy stuffing my face, sipping my mimosa and listening to the singer/guitar player serenading the crowd to take pictures. The organizations leadership really made me excited about investing in myself and attending conferences/networking events...I am now considering going to a few conferences this year. Time to start saving money! After the brunch I went shopping & finally found a skirt I had been eyeing since the summer time and only paid $4.99 for it because it was on sale! *dances in place*

I woke up late today, and ended up going to brunch again with a friend, taking a long nap and watching the final quarter of the Lakers v. Thunder basketball game... The Lakers won. Blah. This upcoming week is going to be ridiculous, as I have court every. single. day. But I am planning to get to bed early so I will be well-equipped and ready to go. Wishing everyone a positive and productive week!!

8 comments:

  1. You should totally go to some conferences, I went to a couple last year and met some really great like minded people as well as friends for life. It stretched me honestly!

    And yes. I was hoping the lakers would lose lose lose. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to! I need to start saving my money now.

      Delete
  2. You should celebrate all year round! I hope to do some conferences too...hopefully we will go a similar one day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to start thinking like that and living it up!!

      Delete
  3. You look amazing! Love that dress on you!

    I am the same way about clubbing. I can go but I don't last the whole night anymore.

    What's wrong with the Lakers?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! The lakers have beat my Rockets so many times that I've developed a strong dislike for them hahaha it started in the early 90s!

      Delete
  4. Hi, my name is Kalley. I'm dropping by from lipgloss and binky. It looks like you had a very busy weekend. Wishing your sister a happy birthday this Friday.

    ReplyDelete